Here is something that WordPress developers might find very useful. Recently when working with symfony i figured out it would awesome to have debug bar in WordPress, similar like symfony has since version 1.0. After Googling WordPress debug plugin it turned out there was no such solution so i decided to developed one myself.
Here is why you will find it helpful:
- instantly inspect global variables (GET, POST, COOKIE, SERVER)
- debug both frontend and admin area
- executed MySQL queries and time it took to execute each query (useful for finding slow queries)
- profiler for measuring performance of your plugins and themes
- errors occurred when loading WordPress page
If you will decide to use the plugin please remember it’s not a perfect solution, it uses some workarounds, but it’s gets the job done, is lightweight and unobstrusive which i think is most important. Here is how it looks: